- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
Greetings, Aviator Families!
We want to thank you for the support and for allowing your child to be a part of our ASPIRE Program. Seeing the Aviators engage and learn new techniques is amazing.
As a reminder, We will celebrate Black History Month at YES Prep Hobby this month. Please keep an eye out for future communications on ways you and your Aviator can celebrate with us.
Stay warm and safe, Have a wonderful weekend.
February 15th: 7th Grade STAAR Field Test
February 18, 2022: No School- Student Holiday
February 21, 2022: No School-Student & Staff Holiday
You can find the YES Prep Academic Calendar online here.
YES Prep Hobby High School will open its doors this fall in August as we welcome our Founding Class of 2026 to the 9th Grade. We are asking 8th Grade Families to scan the QR Code or click Here to access the survey.
All 8th grade Aviators who meet promotion guidelines will automatically have a spot at YES Prep Hobby for the 9th grade.
Progress report grades were posted earlier this week, however due to a technology glitch, some student grades were not accurate, however, the problem was resolved. Please log into Schoology and you will see the most up to date grades for students. Thank you for your patience.
7th Grade STAAR Field Test:
On February 15, 7th grade students will be taking a STAAR Field Test in the morning. What this means is 7th grade students will take a STAAR test on their YES Prep device and data will be collected for Texas Education Agency. Their exams will not be graded and the school, families do not have access to the scores. The Field Test is only a data collection for TEA. Please have your students arrive on time and share with your students to try their best. Thank you.
As part of our safety and security process, we ask for all staff and students to wear a Photo ID while on campus. Students received one free photo ID this semester. If your Aviator needs to purchase a new photo ID, please send them with $5 to cover the cost of the materials needed to print the identification. Students who do not purchase a new photo ID will receive a daily temporary ID and a demerit each time they need this temporary ID. These demerits lead to detentions.
The application lottery is still open for the 2022-2023 and we still have space for students in 6th – 8th grade. Please share the application website with you family, friends, and neighbors and let them know why you believe Hobby is the best school for your student!
Starting in February, we have Aviators staying on campus after school every day for varying activities: ASPIRE, Tutorials, and athletics. If your student is staying for ASPIRE, please do not arrive to pick them up until after 5:30pm and use the second dismissal lane (pictured below). Tutorials and athletics will use the first dismissal lane starting at 5:00pm. Please allow space for cars to pass in the lines. We appreciate your flexibility with this system as we work to adjust to having multiple after school activities running for our students!
Late Arrival Traffic Update:
We’re adjusting our late arrival traffic pattern and drop-off arrival area starting this Monday, 1/31. This change is to keep our students safe as they exit their cars and help keep the front driveway clear of accidents. We will only use this process from 8:30am-8:40am.
Any Aviator dropped off after 8:30am will receive a tardy demerit which may lead to them serving a lunch detention.
Please follow these steps if you need to drop off your student from 8:30-8:40am. Do not enter through the main office gate for late arrival drop off from 8:30-8:40am.
Enter through the second gate on Tallyho. This is the same gate we use at dismissal time.
Pull up to the arrival drop-off area and let your Aviator out so they enter Hobby at the Building 3 door. Two staff members will be there to meet your student.
After 8:40am, all late students should be dropped off at the front office.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Reminders:
As we start the second semester, we know that COVID-19 continues to impact our school and broader Houston community.
We encourage Aviators to stay home when they are not feeling well and ask that you please contact the school at 713-842-5600 if your student is going to be absent.
If your student tests positive for COVID-19, please contact us as soon as you are able. Students with a positive COVID-19 test result may return to school when:
- Ten (10) days have passed since a positive COVID-19 test result or symptom onset, AND
- The students’ symptoms have improved, AND
- The student is fever-free for 24 hours without medication. A “fever” is considered a temperature 100.0 higher.
Ways to Keep Our Community Safe
- Wearing a mask is the expectation while on campus. Students should continue to wear a mask on the bus, at school, and while at school-sponsored events.
- We continue to clean our school on a regular schedule and pay close attention to the cleaning of high-traffic areas.
- We ask families to please conduct an at-home health screening each day to ensure that your student, and all YES Prep community members, stay safe and COVID-free.
- Lastly, vaccination is currently the best protection against COVID-19. Health officials encourage everyone 5 years and older to get vaccinated and for those eligible, a booster dose. YES Prep continues to offer COVID-19 vaccines via Legacy Community Health clinics located at various YES Prep campuses. Schedule your child's vaccination with Legacy by clicking here.
- Transportation - View our current bus routes
- Skyward - View grades: assignment grades, progress report grades, and report card grades. Attendance: tardies, absences, etc. Schedule: classes your student is enrolled in.
- Schoology - parental access to Schoology, you can sign up for weekly reports as well as impersonate your child/children to view their classes, current and upcoming assignments, grades, etc. Schoology one pager: English | Español.
- HERO - Behavior tracker
We are excited that over 80 families have enrolled their Aviator in to ASPIRE! Thank you for your flexibility as we adjust our dismissal procedures to get everyone picked up safely. Given that there are several after school activities happening each day, including tutorials and athletics, ASPIRE families should not begin the pick-up process for their student until 5:30pm. If you arrive before 5:30pm, please park near the back of the lot until the tutorial pick up line ends at 5:30pm, when you can join the line. Clubs end at 5:45pm, and your student will exit to our normal dismissal area in the parking lot.
If you have questions regarding ASPIRE, please reach out to Ms. Hines at Jalicia.Hines@yesprep.org
- Family Notes