¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
Happy New Year, Aviators!
I hope that you and your families were able to have a restful and health break. We kicked off our second semester and we are excited to continue working with your students.
It is hard to believe that in just a few short months, we will be opening the doors to YES Prep Hobby High School at the Class of 2026 will be our first class of 9th graders! The lottery for the 22-23 school year is currently open, and we are actively accepting applications. Please encourage your family and friends to apply online at https://yesprep.schoolmint.net.
We are also excited to kick off this semester by welcoming Ms. Jalicia Hines to YES Prep Hobby as our ASPIRE Coordinator to run after school programming. We will share more information in the coming weeks, but we are excited to offer robust programming after school for students that will allow them to participate in extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities. Please be on the look out for additional communication about our ASPIRE program soon!
Thank you for your continued support of our school and your students. If there is anything we can do to support you or your family, please do not hesitate to reach out.
January 17, 2022: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day- Holiday for Staff & Students
February 4, 2022: Early Dismissal 1:00pm
February 18, 2022: No School- Student Holiday
February 21, 2022: No School-Student & Staff Holiday
You can find the YES Prep Academic Calendar online here.
YES Prep Hobby Parents!
My name is Ms. Jalicia Hines and I am the Founding ASPIRE Coordinator here at Yes Prep Hobby. The ASPIRE program is an afterschool program where we focus on the Academic, identity, college enrichment and family engagement. The ASPIRE Program will be providing before and after school programing for the Hobby student body. More information can be seen on the attached brochure. If your child is interested in the ASPIRE program, please register at this link and attend our “Landing with ASPIRE” Enrollment Day on either January 19th or January 20th. If you have any questions please reach out to Jalicia.Hines@yesprep.org
The application lottery is still open for the 2022-2023 and we still have space for students in 6th – 8th grade. Please share the application website with you family, friends, and neighbors and let them know why you believe Hobby is the best school for your student!
As we start the second semester, we know that COVID-19 continues to impact our school and broader Houston community.
We encourage Aviators to stay home when they are not feeling well and ask that you please contact the school at 713-842-5600 if your student is going to be absent.
If your student tests positive for COVID-19, please contact us as soon as you are able. Students with a positive COVID-19 test result may return to school when:
- Ten (10) days have passed since a positive COVID-19 test result or symptom onset, AND
- The students’ symptoms have improved, AND
- The student is fever-free for 24 hours without medication. A “fever” is considered a temperature 100.0 higher.
Ways to Keep Our Community Safe
- Wearing a mask is the expectation while on campus. Students should continue to wear a mask on the bus, at school, and while at school-sponsored events.
- We continue to clean our school on a regular schedule and pay close attention to the cleaning of high-traffic areas.
- We ask families to please conduct an at-home health screening each day to ensure that your student, and all YES Prep community members, stay safe and COVID-free.
- Lastly, vaccination is currently the best protection against COVID-19. Health officials encourage everyone 5 years and older to get vaccinated and for those eligible, a booster dose. YES Prep continues to offer COVID-19 vaccines via Legacy Community Health clinics located at various YES Prep campuses. Schedule your child's vaccination with Legacy by clicking here.
- Transportation - View our current bus routes
- Skyward - View grades: assignment grades, progress report grades, and report card grades. Attendance: tardies, absences, etc. Schedule: classes your student is enrolled in.
- Schoology - parental access to Schoology, you can sign up for weekly reports as well as impersonate your child/children to view their classes, current and upcoming assignments, grades, etc. Schoology one pager: English | Español.
- HERO - Behavior tracker
Parent Recruitment Position:
We’re hiring two parent recruiters to help us actively recruit new students for the 2022-2023 school year. You would be leaving flyers, walking neighborhoods to leave doorhangers, and engaging with new families. This job is 10-15 hours per week.
This is a paid position and interested parents should email or call Ms. Rocha. Candy.Rocha@yesprep.org (713)967-9328
YES Prep athletic events:
Events will be operating at 50% capacity to maximize the health and safety of all. Concessions will not be sold, and outside food / drink will not be permitted. Once your Aviators game has concluded, you will be required to exit the gym and your athletes will be escorted out with their coach. Seating is limited and on a first come first serve basis. All tickets will now be purchased through TicketSpicket for YES Prep athletic events. If your Aviator is currently involved in athletics, Coach Shannon sent out communication earlier this week with steps on how to purchase your tickets. Your athlete also received a handout at practice detailing how to pre-purchase and redeem your tickets at the door. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com
Please see below for Hobby's Basketball Game Schedule:
Hobby MS Girls Basketball Game Schedule
Hobby MS Boys Basketball Game Schedule
Family Notes Submitted 1.12.22
Child Nutrition Newsletter
Maria Carlos, Child Nutrition Operations Specialist
Nutrition News Our monthly newsletter from K12 by Elior
Noticias de nutrición Nuestro boletín mensual de K12 por Elior
If you or someone in your community needs resources of support, below are different food distribution sites that could be helpful. Please share them as needed.