¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
Greetings, Aviator Families!
We have officially made it through January, and we are looking forward to all we will accomplish in February. We are so excited to have kicked off ASPIRE Programming and welcoming our students to participate in after school programming.
In February, we will celebrate Black History Month at YES Prep Hobby – keep a look out in future communications for ways to engage or celebrate with us.
Have a wonderful weekend!
February 4, 2022: Early Dismissal 1:00pm
February 18, 2022: No School- Student Holiday
February 21, 2022: No School-Student & Staff Holiday
You can find the YES Prep Academic Calendar online here.
YES Prep Hobby High School Opening August 2022!
All 8th grade Aviators who meet promotion guidelines will automatically have a spot at
YES Prep Hobby for the 9th grade.
As part of our safety and security process, we ask for all staff and students to wear a Photo ID while on campus. Students received one free photo ID this semester. If your Aviator needs to purchase a new photo ID, please send them with $5 to cover the cost of the materials needed to print the identification. Students who do not purchase a new photo ID will receive a daily temporary ID and a demerit each time they need this temporary ID. These demerits lead to detentions.
The application lottery is still open for the 2022-2023 and we still have space for students in 6th – 8th grade. Please share the application website with you family, friends, and neighbors and let them know why you believe Hobby is the best school for your student!
Late Arrival Traffic Update:
We’re adjusting our late arrival traffic pattern and drop-off arrival area starting this Monday, 1/31. This change is to keep our students safe as they exit their cars and help keep the front driveway clear of accidents. We will only use this process from 8:30am-8:40am.
Any Aviator dropped off after 8:30am will receive a tardy demerit which may lead to them serving a lunch detention.
Please follow these steps if you need to drop off your student from 8:30-8:40am. Do not enter through the main office gate for late arrival drop off from 8:30-8:40am.
Enter through the second gate on Tallyho. This is the same gate we use at dismissal time.
Pull up to the arrival drop-off area and let your Aviator out so they enter Hobby at the Building 3 door. Two staff members will be there to meet your student.
After 8:40am, all late students should be dropped off at the front office.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Reminders:
As we start the second semester, we know that COVID-19 continues to impact our school and broader Houston community.
We encourage Aviators to stay home when they are not feeling well and ask that you please contact the school at 713-842-5600 if your student is going to be absent.
If your student tests positive for COVID-19, please contact us as soon as you are able. Students with a positive COVID-19 test result may return to school when:
- Ten (10) days have passed since a positive COVID-19 test result or symptom onset, AND
- The students’ symptoms have improved, AND
- The student is fever-free for 24 hours without medication. A “fever” is considered a temperature 100.0 higher.
Ways to Keep Our Community Safe
- Wearing a mask is the expectation while on campus. Students should continue to wear a mask on the bus, at school, and while at school-sponsored events.
- We continue to clean our school on a regular schedule and pay close attention to the cleaning of high-traffic areas.
- We ask families to please conduct an at-home health screening each day to ensure that your student, and all YES Prep community members, stay safe and COVID-free.
- Lastly, vaccination is currently the best protection against COVID-19. Health officials encourage everyone 5 years and older to get vaccinated and for those eligible, a booster dose. YES Prep continues to offer COVID-19 vaccines via Legacy Community Health clinics located at various YES Prep campuses. Schedule your child's vaccination with Legacy by clicking here.
- Transportation - View our current bus routes
- Skyward - View grades: assignment grades, progress report grades, and report card grades. Attendance: tardies, absences, etc. Schedule: classes your student is enrolled in.
- Schoology - parental access to Schoology, you can sign up for weekly reports as well as impersonate your child/children to view their classes, current and upcoming assignments, grades, etc. Schoology one pager: English | Español.
- HERO - Behavior tracker
YES Prep athletic events:
Events will be operating at 50% capacity to maximize the health and safety of all. Concessions will not be sold, and outside food / drink will not be permitted. Once your Aviators game has concluded, you will be required to exit the gym and your athletes will be escorted out with their coach. Seating is limited and on a first come first serve basis. All tickets will now be purchased through TicketSpicket for YES Prep athletic events. If your Aviator is currently involved in athletics, Coach Shannon sent out communication earlier this week with steps on how to purchase your tickets. Your athlete also received a handout at practice detailing how to pre-purchase and redeem your tickets at the door. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com
Please see below for Hobby's Basketball Game Schedule:
We are excited to kick off our soccer season in February! A virtual family meeting will be held on January 25th at 5 PM via your Aviators Teams App. Soccer tryouts will be Monday, January 31st and February 1st from 4:10 PM – 5:45 PM. Teams will be announced on Thursday, February 3rd. All Aviators must have a physical turned into Coach Shannon before tryouts – no exceptions. Physical forms can be downloaded on the Athletics Linktree https://linktr.ee/hobbyathletics
See you on Tuesday, January 25th at 5:00 PM!
We are excited that over 80 families have enrolled their Aviator in to ASPIRE! Thank you for your flexibility as we adjust our dismissal procedures to get everyone picked up safely. Given that there are several after school activities happening each day, including tutorials and athletics, ASPIRE families should not begin the pick-up process for their student until 5:30pm. If you arrive before 5:30pm, please park near the back of the lot until the tutorial pick up line ends at 5:30pm, when you can join the line. Clubs end at 5:45pm, and your student will exit to our normal dismissal area in the parking lot.
If you have questions regarding ASPIRE, please reach out to Ms. Hines at Jalicia.Hines@yesprep.org